His performance is part of the Niswonger Children’s Hospital Classic
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – Known for his energetic performances and smooth jazz tunes, award-winning musician Brian Culbertson is coming to Niswonger Performing Arts Center (NPAC) as part of the Niswonger Children’s Hospital Classic.
Culbertson’s latest album, “Funk!,” soared to No. 1 on the Billboard Jazz Albums chart and No. 99 on the Billboard 200 chart after its release. Culbertson calls “Funk!” “a throwback, funkadelic, old-school record in the style of ‘P-Funk meets Prince’ that will make you dance, laugh, sing along and pretty much get down.”
His performance will take place at NPAC on June 25 at 7:30 p.m. Proceeds benefit Niswonger Children’s Hospital. Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased at www.npacgreeneville.com.
“We’re so excited to be able to bring Brian Culbertson and his ‘Funk!’ tour as part of this year’s Classic,” said Mike Hammontree, director of the Niswonger Children’s Hospital Classic. “The show is going to be a blast, and it’s a great way for the community to get involved and support the children’s hospital.”
The 2017 Niswonger Children’s Hospital Classic, presented by STANLEY Security, kicks off on June 2 and runs through Aug. 18 with several events, giving community members different opportunities to support the region’s only children’s hospital.
The Classic includes the signature golf tournament with guest celebrities and athletes – including PGA and NFL greats, along with other special guests – and will take place at The Olde Farm on June 26. It’s the Mountain States Foundation’s biggest annual fundraiser and benefits Niswonger Children’s Hospital.
“We’re always so grateful for all the support we receive from the community,” said Lisa Carter, chief executive officer of Niswonger Children’s Hospital. “The children’s hospital is a special place, and the money raised through the Classic helps so many kids in our region.”
The community events are:
Birdies for Bucks
- June 2, sunup-sundown, Warriors’ Path State Park Golf Course, 490 Hemlock Road, Kingsport, Tenn.
- Golfers from around the region will solicit a donation per birdie and tee it up to raise money to support The First Tee of Tri-Cities, an organization that impacts the lives of young people by providing learning facilities and educational programs that promote character development and life-enhancing values through the game of golf.
- Ticket price: Donations accepted for The First Tee of Tri-Cities at www.birdiesforbucks.com.
Brian Culbertson “Funk!” Tour
- June 25, 7:30 p.m., Niswonger Performing Arts Center, 212 Tusculum Blvd., Greeneville, Tenn.
- Brian Culbertson will be performing hits from his “Funk!” tour at NPAC in Greeneville, Tenn.
- Ticket price: Tickets start at $30.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Junior Golf Day
- July 15, 3-8 p.m., the Blackthorn Club, 1501 Ridges Club Drive, Jonesborough, Tenn.
- Junior golfers can enjoy a full day of competitions, clinics and exhibitions. This is for anyone under the age of 18; bring your own clubs and work on your game!
- Ticket price: Free
Nine at Night
- Aug. 18, 7:30 p.m., the Blackthorn Club, 1501 Ridges Club Drive, Jonesborough, Tenn.
- Compete in glow-in-the-dark golf games, a putting contest and other fun events. There will also be food, beverages and live music.
- Ticket price: Pay to play each individual game; prices start at $10.
Full descriptions of the events, as well as ticket and signup information, can be found at www.NiswongerGolf.org.